So, a whole decade later, here we are. It seems like it was just yesterday when I started my tiny blog and named it The Kokonut Stylist, how time flies! In the past decade, Kokonut Stylist has evolved beyond even MY wildest imagination. I never imagined that I would one day own a clothing store that makes descent profits…but I did. I never imagined that beautiful foreign models would ever wear my designs and model them on international stages….but it happened. I also never imagined that I, would one day, take a walk on a fashion runway and take a bow as a fashion designer…but I did, twice! The past 10 years have been filled with so much adventure, growth, risks, a fair measure of failures and successes. In short, it has been a beautiful decade of Kokonut Stylist!
I never know what will come next for Kokonut Stylist because it is all an adventure for me and in as much as I have hopes and dreams of where I would like to see my brand in the next 10 years, I usually just let it all be organic and beautiful in its own way. I may have not made a single cent through my brand in the past year but I have, in so many ways, kept the dream alive! I can say this for sure about the next 10 years of KS:
- I am going to go back to designing and creating and only make 10 exclusive items with each design. I am going to make designing more fun and less stressful.
- I am going to do more interior designing, I love beautiful spaces.
- I am going to travel more and explore the world more – this will be important for my designs and how I style spaces.
- I am going to blog more, I love expressing myself through words and images.
- I am going to continue to display my passion for fashion, in every way possible.
- I am going to do collaborations with major big brands and it will be spectacular!
It definitely will be a love-filled & passion-filled decade and here’s to 10 more years of Kokonut Stylist!